Ok. I'm a bit slow on this. I was kinding hoping for some more so I wouldn't be incredibly redundant.
Stickied by Drysc in the Rogue Forums!
These are the announced changes we're planning in 2.3 for the Rogue class.
- Blind is now a physical attack and the reagent requirement removed [link]
- Fleet Footed changed to increase movement speed by 8/15% [link]
- Shadowstep usable at any time, not only while stealthed. Threat caused by next Ambush, Garrote or Backstab is reduced by 50% and cooldown increased to 40 seconds [link]
- Dirty Deeds specials cause 20% extra damage against targets that are below 35% health [link]
- Deadly Throw missile speed increased significantly and snare duration increased slightly [link]
- Ruthlessness only affects melee finish moves [link]
- All poisons now last for one hour [link]
Honestly, I think these are token changes. None of them are going to help Rogues in PvE or arena, except maybe the change to Deadly Throw.
Now, if you use Shadow Step, I'll give you the gold to respec. You certainly don't need threat reduction on your abilities.
Nice buff for Dirty Deeds, but I still think the Subtlety tree is broken until it can either give Rogues a new essential role in raids or allows them to come close to the DPS of the other two trees.
The changes to Blind are nice, but making it a physical ranged attack will remove its ability to affect hostile arena opponents with Blessing of Protection or Paladins with Divine Shield.
Poison change is good, but really, let's just get rid of the entire poison creation system. It's slow and it's really just an unnecessary step.
Yeah, no picture for this one. =P